MACDL is the pre-eminent Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in Massachusetts.
We are an affiliate of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
MACDL is formed exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes which include, but are not limited to, the following purposes:
- To provide support for criminal defense lawyers in the practice of their craft, including, but not limited to, a strike force, amicus briefs, and other services which will improve the quality of representation of the accused;
- To protect the individual rights of the citizens of the Commonwealth as guaranteed by the Declaration of Rights of the Massachusetts Constitution and the United States Constitution, including, most particularly, the right to counsel;
- To promote the exchange of experience, legal precedent, and research among criminal defense lawyers throughout the Commonwealth;
- To enlighten the public about the legitimate role of criminal defense lawyers in society;
- To maintain the integrity and independence of criminal defense lawyers;
- To preserve the adversary system of justice;
- To coordinate efforts with national and local bar associations that are concerned with criminal justice.