President: Michael S. Hussey
Mike Hussey has been a trial attorney with the Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS) Public Defender Division since 1985, and the Attorney-in-Charge of the Worcester office since 1994. He is a graduate of Stony Brook University and Suffolk University Law School. He has been on the "murder list" since 1992. More.
President-Elect: Derege Demissie
- Demissie & Church
Immediate Past President: Elizabeth A. Lunt
Liza Lunt is of counsel at Zalkind, Duncan & Bernstein LLP where since, 1979, she has represented defendants in a wide range of criminal cases in state and federal court. From 2009 to 2013 she chaired MACDL’s Legislation Committee. (More...)
Treasurer: Peter C. Horstmann
Peter Charles Horstmann is a partner in the law firm of Partridge, Ankner & Horstmann, LLP, where his practice includes criminal defense, civil rights and general litigation including appeals. He is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School (1990) and has served as the Treasurer of MACDL since 2002. More.
Joseph Balliro, Sr. (past president)
- Federal and State Criminal Trials & Appeals, Related Civil Cases and Corporate Litigation
- Chair of Communications Committee, MACDL; BBA Criminal Steering Committee Northeastern University School of Law, 1988
- Bar Memberships: MA, ME; MA, VT & ME Federal; 1st, 2nd & 11th Cir.
Allison S. Cartwright
- Cartwright Law Office - Jamaica Plain, MA
Randy Chapman (past president)
- Criminal Practitioner for 26 years in State & Federal Court
- Former President of MACDL, Chair of the Criminal Justice Section, MBA
- Essex County ADA, Chief of the Motor Vehicle Homicide Unit.
Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st Cir.
John H. Cunha, Jr. (past president)
John H. Cunha Jr., a partner at the Boston firm of Cunha & Holcomb, P.C., focuses on litigation, particularly criminal defense, trial and appellate. Jack is a former criminal clinical instructor at Suffolk and Harvard Law Schools. More.
Anne C. Goldbach (past president)
Anne Goldbach is the Forensic Services Director for the Committee for Public Counsel Service. She is a frequent lecturer, writer and moderator for Mass. Continuing Legal Education, CPCS and other CLE training programs. She is a past president of the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and sits on MACDL’s board. More.
Andrew Good (past president)
- Good & Cormier in Boston, MA
- A MACDL founder, former MACDL president, Balliro Award recipient
- Practiced Federal and State criminal defense for over 40 years.
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st Ci
Trevor Maloney (law student representative)
- Masferrer & Associates, PC - Boston, MA
Charles McGinty (past president)
Tracy A. Miner (past president)
E. Peter Parker
- Defense of Serious Felonies in State and Federal Courts
- Strike Force Committee, MACDL
- Boston University School of Law, 1988 magna cum laude
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st Cir.
J. Drew Segadelli
- Fagan, Goldrick & Segadelli in Falmouth, MA
- Attorney Segadelli's practice concentrates on criminal trials and appeals in Massachusetts and Rhode Island state and federal courts.
- MACDL Board Member for over 20 years.
- Bar Memberships: MA, RI State, RI, MA Federal, 1st Cir.
Max Stern (past president)
Max Stern has more than thirty-five years of experience litigating both criminal and civil cases. In addition to handling a diverse caseload of criminal and civil matters, he counsels and represents attorneys and other professionals in investigations and regulatory proceedings. More.
Linda J. Thompson
- Mintz Levin in Boston, MA
- Specializes in criminal defense and securities litigation in both the state and federal courts.
- Chair of MACDL’s Young Lawyers Division and the Events Committee
- JD from University of Michigan; MA from University of Virginia
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st C
William White, Jr.