President: Max Stern
Max Stern has more than thirty-five years of experience litigating both criminal and civil cases. In addition to handling a diverse caseload of criminal and civil matters, he counsels and represents attorneys and other professionals in investigations and regulatory proceedings. More.
Vice-President: Elizabeth A. Lunt
Liza is of counsel at Zalkind, Rodriguez, Lunt and Duncan where, since 1979, she has represented defendants in a wide range of criminal cases in state and federal court. She is co-chair of MACDL’s Legislation Committee and a member of the Council of the Boston Bar Association.
Immediate Past-President: John H. Cunha
John H. Cunha Jr., a partner at the Boston firm of Cunha & Holcomb, P.C., focuses on litigation, particularly criminal defense, trial and appellate. Jack is a former criminal clinical instructor at Suffolk and Harvard Law Schools. More.
Treasurer: Peter C. Horstmann
Peter Charles Horstmann is a partner in the law firm of Partridge, Ankner & Horstmann, LLP, where his practice includes criminal defense, civil rights and general litigation including appeals. He is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School (1990) and has served as the Treasurer of MACDL since 2002. More.
Joseph Balliro, Sr. (Past President)
- Federal and State Criminal Trials & Appeals, Related Civil Cases and Corporate Litigation
- Chair of Communications Committee, MACDL; BBA Criminal Steering Committee Northeastern University School of Law, 1988
- Bar Memberships: MA, ME; MA, VT & ME Federal; 1st, 2nd & 11th Cir.
Allison S. Cartwright
- Cartwright Law Office - Jamaica Plain, MA
Randy Chapman (Past President)
Charles A. Clifford
- Demissie & Church - Cambridge MA
Anne C. Goldbach (Past President)
Anne Goldbach is the Forensic Services Director for the Committee for Public Counsel Service. She is a frequent lecturer, writer and moderator for Mass. Continuing Legal Education, CPCS and other CLE training programs. She is a past president of the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and sits on MACDL’s board. More.
Andrew Good (Past President)
- Good & Cormier in Boston, MA
- A MACDL founder, former MACDL president, Balliro Award recipient
- Practiced Federal and State criminal defense for over 40 years.
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st Cir
Michael S. Hussey
Mike Hussey has been a trial attorney with the Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS) Public Defender Division since 1985, and the Attorney-in-Charge of the Worcester office since 1994. He is a graduate of Stony Brook University and Suffolk University Law School. He has been on the "murder list" since 1992. More.
Stephen L. Jones
Peter B. Krupp
- Masferrer & Associates, PC - Boston, MA
- Criminal Trial Lawyer in Suffolk Superior Court
- Staff Attorney, CPCS, Boston Superior Court Office
- Suffolk Law, 1996.
- Bar Memberships: CA and MA
Charles McGinty (Past President)
Tracy A. Miner (Past President)
E. Peter Parker
- Defense of Serious Felonies in State and Federal Courts
- Strike Force Committee, MACDL
- Boston University School of Law, 1988 magna cum laude
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st Cir.
J. Drew Segadelli
- Fagan, Goldrick & Segadelli in Falmouth, MA
- Attorney Segadelli's practice concentrates on criminal trials and appeals in Massachusetts and Rhode Island state and federal courts.
- MACDL Board Member for over 20 years.
- Bar Memberships: MA, RI State, RI, MA Federal, 1st Cir.
- Criminal Trial Lawyer Specializing in OUI Defense
- CLE panels for CPCS, MCLE, Suffolk University School of Law, MBA and MACDL
- Director of the Plymouth County Bar Association
- Bar Memberships: MA
Linda J. Thompson
- Mintz Levin in Boston, MA
- Specializes in criminal defense and securities litigation in both the state and federal courts.
- Chair of MACDL’s Young Lawyers Division and the Events Committee
- JD from University of Michigan; MA from University of Virginia
- Bar memberships: MA, US DC MA, 1st C
William White, Jr.